Will you support independent, non-partisan journalism?
Become a champion of local news and unlock additional benefits as a LebTown member, like exclusive members-only emails, access to comments, invitations to members-only events, and more.
Make an impact. Cancel anytime.
Already a member? Login here
A state program to expand senior access to fresh fruits and vegetables is back this summer, and the Lebanon County Area Agency on Aging will again be helping to distribute the funds.
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program provides seniors with four $6 checks between June 1 and Sept. 30 to be used at local farmer’s markets.
To qualify, seniors must be at least 60 years old and meet federal income guidelines based on the number of people in their household. Find the income guidelines here.
Applications can be done in person or via mail. To receive a mailed application, call the Area Agency on Aging at (717) 237-9262, or print a copy yourself from the website (PDF).
Participating markets in Lebanon County include the Lebanon Farmers Market, Risser Marvel Farm Market, Weavers, and Sycamore Spring Orchard. Find the full list of local approved markets here (PDF).
For in-person applications and checks, find the Area Agency on Aging at the following locations and times.
- Friday, June 3, 4 to 7 p.m. at First Friday Market (Lebanon YMCA)
- Monday, June 13, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Maple Street Senior Center (710 Maple St.)
- Wednesday, June 29, 1 to 3 p.m. at Palmyra Senior Center/Interfaith Manor (101 S. Railroad St.)
- Friday, July 1, 4 to 7 p.m. at First Friday Market (Lebanon YMCA)
- Tuesday, July 5, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Hebron Banquet Hall (Pre-registration required through a senior center)
- Monday, July 11, from 12 to 1 p.m. at Stevens Towers (930 Willow St.)
- Monday, July 11, from 2 to 3 p.m. at Willow Terrace (800 Willow St.)
- Wednesday, July 13, from 1 to 3 p.m. at Annville Senior Center (200 S. White Oak St.)
- Monday, July 18, from 12 to 1 p.m. at Lebanon County Christian Ministries (250 S. 7th St.)
- Tuesday, July 26, from 1 to 3 p.m. at Myerstown Senior Center (59 N. Ramona Road)
- Friday, Aug. 5, from 4 to 7 p.m. at First Friday Market (Lebanon YMCA)
- Monday, Aug. 8, from 1 to 3 p.m. at Lebanon Village (201 Lebanon Village)
- Friday, Aug. 12, from 1 to 3 p.m. at Northern Lebanon Senior Center (335 N. Lancaster St.)
- Monday, Aug. 22, from 12 to 1 p.m. at Lebanon County Christian Ministries (250 S. 7th St.)
Questions about this story? Suggestions for a future LebTown article? Reach our newsroom using this contact form and we’ll do our best to get back to you.
Do you want to see more from LebTown?
Support local news. Cancel anytime.
Already a member? Login here
Free news isn’t cheap. If you value the journalism LebTown provides to the community, then help us make it sustainable by becoming a champion of local news. You can unlock additional coverage for the community by supporting our work with a one-time contribution, or joining as a monthly or annual member. You can cancel anytime.