This post is paid advertising by Lebanon Federal Credit Union.
Keep your personal information and financial accounts secure.
Internet-connected devices are helping individuals around the world increase efficiency in their life as well as stay connected to those around us. However, with all these benefits come risks to privacy and security. Lebanon FCU recommends our members connect with caution, be aware of potential cybersecurity threats, and take steps to secure your devices.
Make sure your device is secure
- Lock your computer screen when you walk away, as well as your phone.
- Make sure you close out of programs at the end of the day.
- Don’t leave your laptop or phone unattended in a public area.
Change default usernames and passwords
Do not write down or share your passwords. Make sure to change default usernames and create long and unique passphrases for all accounts Use multi-factor authentication (MFA) whenever possible (sometimes called two-factor Authentication). MFA will fortify your online accounts by enabling the strongest authentication tools available, such as biometrics or a unique one-time code sent to your phone or mobile device.
Create strong passwords
- Make it long – use at least 8 characters
- Make it random – Use a combination of numbers, letters, and special characters (e.g.,#$%?@/!;).
- Don’t use anything personal – Don’t create a password with personal information like a pet’s name or birthday.
Be mindful of your surroundings
- Be aware when you are displaying or discussing private information.
- Use ear buds or headphones for privacy.
Remain cautious of calls, texts, and emails
- Ask yourself if you were expecting the call, text or email. If you were not, maybe think twice before answering, or opening a link from an unfamiliar contact.
- If you receive something from Lebanon FCU that you are unsure of, or it looks suspicious, please call us!
- Be aware that criminals may impersonate Lebanon FCU.
Keeping your information safe is critical!
If someone receives a suspicious call, text, or email
from Lebanon FCU – Call us! 717-272-2210