City of Lebanon Police announced today that charges have been filed against Joseph Reese, a 33 year old Lebanon resident, in conjunction with a November 2018 fire at 123 N. Liberty Street (paywall).
Reese is accused of attempting or succeeding in producing methamphetamine at the apartment, which risked and allegedly led to the ensuing fire. Reese was treated for chemical burns at Lehigh Valley Burn Unit.
He faces the following charges:
- Risking a Catastrophe
- Operating a Methamphetamine Lab
- Illegal Dumping of Methamphetamine Waste
- Possession of Precursors With Intent to Manufacture a Controlled Substance
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Fire companies from Lebanon City, Neversink, South Lebanon, Ebenezer, and Glenn Lebanon responded.
The original version of this article erroneously embedded a video of an unrelated fire from the Lebanon Daily News. We were confused by the site design and did not realize the clip was from an unrelated event. We sincerely regret the error.