Last night just before 11:00pm, firefighters from Annville and Cleona responded to fire at Kindred Place in Annville Township that was later chalked up to careless cooking.

Firefighters responded to an automatic fire alarm and upon arrival were informed by staff that a range top fire had been spotted and extinguished.

Firefighters checked whether the fire had spread into the well and ventilated the smoke from the building. Palmyra firefighters were dispatched to assist as well.

According to the release, the fire started when a resident at Kindred Place ignited the incorrect burner on a range top, on which a plastic food storage container was stored. The fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damages to the range, the range hood, and the wall behind the range.

Firefighters took the opportunity to remind the public of cooking safety tips to keep in mind, see their flyer below.


LebTown membership required to comment.

Already a member? Login here

Leave a comment

Kindly keep your comments brief and respectful. We will remove comments that do not abide by these simple rules.